Pages

Friday, June 4, 2021

The Perfect Project Island Song Floating Classroom Day

Hi, in Te Ngahere the year sixes did Project Island Song’s floating classroom.  We had to be at school by 8:20 before leaving and walking down to the walf.  When we got there I saw our boat was called D3 or Discovery 3.  Some of us were given jobs.  One of the health and safety people were away so I was chosen instead.  My job was to make sure that everyone was on the boat and then on Urupukapuka (the island we went to) I had to make sure we didn’t lose anybody.  We had a safety briefing and then we were off zooming through the ocean toward our destination.  After a while we pulled into a island.  Our boat driver turned off the engine and we got to listen the birds for a while.  After we turned the engine back on we drifted over to some shag’s nesting.  When we got to the island we had some morning tea before splitting into two groups.  We walked over a hill to plant some trees.  I planted a rewarewa tree.  After my group got back we made some traps.  I found it quite hard to make the traps because the structure would fall apart in our hands.  On the way back we were really lucky because we found a pod of bottlenose dolphins.  The reason we did this is because we were helping Project Island Song bring the bird song back.  

Have you ever been on Project Island Song’s Floating Classroom?


 

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Jacob it’s Charlize. I really liked your blog post about The Perfect Project Island Song Floating Classroom day because you said what the boat was called and you explained your job really well. I learnt what the boat was called in your blog post. I also really loved your title it made me really want to read it.

    Did you enjoy your trip to Project Island Song?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jacob it is me Te Hauata from your class I like the blog that you have posted about our trip to Urupukapuka for the floating classroom because it told me that you had fun going there. I also was there when we went to Urupukapuka island for the floating classroom. We made rat traps in the same group and planted trees in the same group too. Did you find all the animals in the activity book?

    ReplyDelete