Pages

Friday, September 24, 2021

Rubik’s Cube, A Simple Guide

 Hi everybody, in lockdown we had to do a passion project.  For this we had to find out something we are passionate about.  We had a clear out of my room and I found my Rubik’s cube.  Earlier  in my life I had tried to solve it but failed.  I was bored in lockdown so I decided to give it another go.  We found an algorithm for it on the internet and tried to follow the instructions.  After fiddling around with it for 2 days we gave up on the algorithm.  We searched some more and found a video on Youtube.  This video showed me a step by step guide on how to solve a Rubik’s cube.  It was a very descriptive video.  After another day I had solved it.  I watched the video again and wrote down some instructions.  I printed out the instructions and I used them over and over again.  After awhile I managed to memorise the whole thing.  Now that I could solve the Rubik’s cube  without instructions I managed to get my time down to 1 minute 11 seconds.   I’m happy about my success.


The hard thing about solving the Rubik’s cube is the patience that goes into solving it the first time.  My favorite thing about it is the feeling when you solve it.


Have you ever come close or solved a Rubik’s cube before?  



7 comments:

  1. Kia ora Jacob it’s Mahana from your class Te Ngahere. I liked your Blog post about A Simple Guide for a Rubik's Cube because I love how your inspiring and teaching other people to learn new things. I also use to have a rubiks and I completed one side but could never get the other side completed. I also liked your blog post because I liked how you gave it another go.

    Did you have fun teaching Chalay in lockdown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi my name is Jayden Clark and I go to Paihia School. I like your Rubix Cube a simple guide blog post because you added a question and yes I have solved a Rubix Cube before at the time of 3.36 minutes. The blog post reminded me of the first time I solved a Rubix Cube.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I'm Alex and I go to Paihia School. I liked your blog post because you explain when, why and how you solved the Rubik’s cube. The closest I’ve come to solving the Rubik’s cube is getting 1 side done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jacob my name is Tamati I have a Rubik’s cube too. I think that will let me know that I just need to find a way to finish it. I have once it was two by two so that was really easy. So do you think you could help me one day? I really like your blog and was it boring doing it for two days? Did you start at night or in the morning?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Jacob it’s Angela from in your class. I enjoyed your post about Solving your Rubik's Cubes. I like how you didn’t give up and you kept on trying to solve your Rubik's Cube. I also like how you were able to memorize the steps. Yes, I have solved a Rubik's Cube a couple of times but I probably wouldn't have been as patient as you. How long did it take you to memorize the steps?
    Bye Bye!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kia ora Jacob it’s Jaelyn - Marie from your class. I like your blog post because I like that you never gave up. I also like your blog post because it is very hard to solve a rubik's cube and you solved it in 1 minute and 11 seconds, I could only solve one side or maybe just half a side.
    What was the hardest part about solving the rubik's cube?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jacob, Its Anika from your class. I really enjoyed your blog post about your passion project because it was very interesting to read. I also liked that you could remember all the steps because that must have been hard. No I have never completed a rubics cube unless 1 side means I have.

    How long did it take you to memerize all the steps?

    ReplyDelete