Pages

Thursday, June 24, 2021

Magnificent Mosaics

In Te Ngahere we have been making mosaics.  The reason for this is because we are going to put these

up with our studies about our animal, tree or insect.  We had to find a picture on Google and put it on a Google drawing.  Next we had to use the polyline tool and make small shapes to go over our picture.  I chose a tiger to do my mosaic on.  As soon as I did the first few shapes I instantly saw how hard it was.  I didn’t realize that tigers had so many colours.  Over time I slowly got better and faster at making my shapes.  I might use this on tiles in the future when I improve on my skills but for now I will use it to make detailed pieces of art.  

I think what I could do better is make the shapes smaller.  What I think I did well was when I tried to fill in as much of an area as possible at a time.  

Have you ever made a mosaic before?

 

4 comments:

  1. Hey Jacob, my name is Hannah. I'm a year 7 student at Ahipara school. I really liked your drawing. Maybe next time you could fix your spacing between your writing. See you later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jacob, my name is Alice. I go to Ahipara school. Great job on your art I found it really interesting to look at. Blog you later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jacob! I am Ariana Bignell and I go to Paihia School. I love how you told us how hard it was at start so when we try it we will not underestimate how hard it is. I think my sister Amelia tried to do something like that but with circles when she was six, I haven't though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello my name is Tait from Ahipara School. I liked it how hard it was at the start. Blog ya later.

    ReplyDelete