Pages

Friday, May 7, 2021

What Do You Think Of This Super Work

 In Te Ngahere we did an ed pro 8 challenge that involves making catapults.  We watched a video about the different types of energy we might use.  They were called potential and kinetic energy.  Potential energy is when it’s still and kinetic energy is when it’s moving.  We had to make our catapults out of: 30 bamboo sticks, 30 rubber bands, 2 A4 pieces of paper, 1 A3 piece of paper, some string, some electric tape and a pair of scissors.

It was quite easy at first because we thought we had an idea but it didn’t work.  We had lots of different ideas after that, but they all didn’t work either.  Finally we made a design that was sturdy.  We were about to test it when our teacher all of a sudden said it’s time to pack up.  I was so mad because I had to break my creation.  What I found challenging was cooperating with my group.  What I think I could do better next time is listen to more ideas if we have any more.  I think I need to the improve the sturdiness of our catapult.  Do you know how to make a catapult?



1 comment:

  1. G’day Jacob I am Mikaira from Paihia like you. I like your explanation of how you went. Obviously I struggled too and it was also hard for my group to cooperate. Next time give examples about potential and kinetic energy. Why would you need more ideas?

    ReplyDelete