Pages

Thursday, March 11, 2021

What Do You Think About Tsunamis?

 In the Bay of Islands we had to evacuate our school because of a
tsunami warning.  The whole school had to gather up and walk up Totara Heights Way.  When we got to the top, lots of cars came up the hill and panicked faces of parents appeared looking for their children. We slowly went up the hill as more and more children got picked up.  I felt quite scared but excited because I’d never experienced a tsunami before.  I was scared because I was worried about my family at home.  I learnt what it was like to stay up a hill for five hours;I eventually got very bored. One of our teachers tried to entertain us with some quizzes. The most exciting part was when the sausage company Fritz’s Wieners came up with lots of sausages and shared their them with us.  The people in the neighbourhood were kind to us too.  Another exciting thing was when some teachers went down and got our bags for us, a wooo went up as they passed us with our bags.  Did you evacuate for the tsunami? 

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete