Pages

Tuesday, March 23, 2021

How to Create a Food Web

This week in Te Ngahere we have been learning about food webs.  A food web is a diagram of lots of animals with arrows to show what eats what.  We had to make a food web in Te Ngahere by putting the little food in the middle (invertebrates) and then we had to put some of the native birds and trees around it.  Next we put the predators around the outside.  Then we had to put arrows in.  The arrows show how the energy is transferred from one organism to another.  Lastly we had to compare our food webs to our teachers.  My differences were some of my arrows are not in the right place or missing because I missed some information or the information was not true.  For example I didn’t research the predators eating other predators.  I learned that some animals eat a lot more than others.  What I found easy was putting the creatures in the right place and researching what they eat.  The hard bit was putting the energy transfer the right way.   Have you made a food web before?



No comments:

Post a Comment